Jappale′ Day Habilitation
What is Day Habilitation Services?
Total Care Services Inc.’s Day Habilitation services are aimed at developing activities and skills acquisition to support or further integrate community opportunities outside of a person’s home.
These supports will foster independence, autonomy or career exploration and encourage development of a full life in the person’s community.
Day habilitation services are intended to be different and separate from residential services. These services are delivered in group settings or can be provided as day habilitation one-to-one services.
Day habilitation services are provided in accordance with recommendations from the person’s support team and Individualized Support Plan (ISP), including his/her Plan of Care.
Total Care Services, Inc. establishes an Individualized Program Plan (IPP) for persons referred to our day habilitation program.
Each person’s IPP is functional, chosen by the person and corresponds with the person’s ISP and his/her interests and choices.
The person’s IPP provides activities, including a pattern of life experiences, common to other persons of similar age and the community-at-large.
What services are offered through Day Habilitation?
Day habilitation services shall consist of the following activities:
- Training and skills development that increase participation in community activities and enhance community inclusion
- Activities that allow the person the opportunity to choose and identify his or her own areas of interest and preferences
- Activities that provide opportunities for socialization and leisure activities in the community
- Training in the safe and effective use of one or more modes of accessible public transportation
- Coordination of transportation to enable the person to participate in community activities
- Individualized or group services that enable the person to attain his/her maximum functional level
Who provides Day Habilitation Services?
All staff / consultants must have current District of Columbia licensed or applicable credentials to provide day habilitation services. Total Care Services Inc. agency staff includes:
- Registered Nurse Director
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Direct Support Professionals
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist