In-Home Support Services
In-Home Support Services are provided to eligible persons in their home or the home of an unpaid caregiver.
In-Home Support Services include periodic support to assist the primary caregiver and/or to enable the person to live independently while participating in activities to the fullest extent possible.
What is In-Home Support Services?
Total Care Services Inc. In-Home Support Services consist of a combination of hands-on care, habilitative supports, and assistance with activities of daily living, including
- Training and support in activities of daily living and independent living skills
- Training and support to enhance community integration by utilizing community resources
- Training and support to enhance management of financial and personal affairs and awareness of health and safety precaution
- Training on, and support in the monitoring of health, nutrition, and physical condition
- Training and support to coordinate or manage tasks outlined in the Health Management Care Plan
- Support in performing personal care, household, and homemaking tasks that are specific to the needs of the person
- Support with developing the skills necessary to reduce or eliminate behavioral episodes
- Support by implementing a Behavioral Support Plan (BSP) or positive strategies
- Support with the acquisition of new skills or maintenance of existing skills based on individualized preferences and goals
- Coordinating transportation to participate in community events consistent with this service
Staff will help persons:
- Master daily living skills
- Manage behavior issues
- Attend social outings in the community
Specific In-Home Support Services include:
- Training in activities of daily living and independent living skills
- Assistance in performing personal care tasks
- Training on and assistance in monitoring of health, nutrition and physical condition
- Companion services provide non-medical assistance and supervision to support a person’s goals, desires, and needs, as identified in the person’s Individual Support Plan. The goals of Companion services may be related to the person’s safety, promotion of independence, community integration, and/or retirement.