What is a Host Home?
A Host Home is a private residence where the unrelated caregiver provides persons with housing, meals, training, assistance and supervision.
Total Care Services, Inc. provides Host Home support, without transportation services. Our host home program enables a person to retain or improve skills related to: community mobility; health; activities of daily living; money management; recreation; cooking; shopping; use of community resources; and safety.
Total Care Services, Inc. also provides supports that will assist persons in developing other adaptive skills needed to live in the community.
What services are offered through Host Home?
Total Care Services Inc. personal supports and assistance to persons in the host home, includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Room and board
- Assistance with eating and food preparation
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Assistance with dressing
- Assistance with monitoring the person’s health and physical condition
- Assistance with the administration of medication
- Assistance with communication between the person and other health care providers
- Assistance with interpersonal and social skills
- Assistance with household chores
- Assistance with mobility
- Assistance with motor and perceptual skills
- Assistance with problem-solving and decision-making
- Maintenance of medical records
- Maintenance of financial records
- Assistance with the coordination of transportation to and from the person’s appointments
- Assistance with planning and attending events
- Habilitative support in activities of daily living and/or therapeutic goals and objectives as described in the ISP and Plan of Care
- Assistance with enhancing the person’s opportunities for social, recreational, and religious activities utilizing community resources
- Assistance with ensuring that the person’s adaptive equipment is appropriate and functioning
Coordination of Services
Total Care Services Inc Qualified Individual Developmental Specialist (QIDP), will coordinate the delivery of professional services to each person residing in a host home. These services or disciplines may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Care
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Behavioral support
- Community supports
- Social work
- Speech, hearing and language therapy