Residential Habilitation Services
What are Residential Habilitation Services?
Residential Habilitation Services are supports provided in a home shared by at least four (4), but no more than six (6) persons. Rehabilitation Services are designed to assist each person in acquiring, retaining, and improving self-care, daily living, adaptive and other skills needed to reside successfully in a shared home within the community.
Residential Habilitation Services provided by Total Care Services Inc. include: support for people with a demonstrated need for continuous training, assistance, and supervision.
Residential Habilitation Services are provided in accordance with each person’s authorized Individual Support Plan (ISP) and Plan of Care.
What services are offered through Residential Habilitation?
Persons receiving Residential Habilitation services from Total Care Services, Inc. receive hands-on support, habilitation, and other services, when appropriate, which include, but not be limited to, the following categories of support:
- Eating and food preparation
- Personal hygiene
- Monitoring health and physical conditions
- Assistance with the administration of medication
- Interpersonal and social skills
- Household chores
- Financial management
- Motor and perceptual skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Human sexuality
- Opportunities for choice-driven social, recreational, and religious activities utilizing community resources
- Appropriate and functioning adaptive equipment
- Ensure that each residence is accessible to public transportation and emergency vehicles
Residential Habilitation Services are structured to ensure that each person receives the professional services required to meet his/her goals as identified in the person’s ISP and Plan of Care. Professional services may include, but are not limited to, the following disciplines:
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Social work
- Speech, hearing and language therapy