What are Companion services?
Looking to build your independence, enhance your safety, or work toward retirement? TCS' Companion services can help. Companion services aim to promote, maintain, and enhance your full community integration. We provide non-medical support and supervision to help you meet your goals, desires, and needs.
Who supports you?
Our Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) provide Companion services in line with your ISP, Plan of Care, and Summary of Supports. Our approach is person-centered because everyone's goals are different. This means we'll support and empower you to make the choices that work best for you. We aim to:
- address your interests, desires, and wishes
- respect your cultural preference and needs
- support the level of integration you desire in your community life
How can Companion services help you?
We can deliver Companion services in your home, at work, or in the community. We offer services up to 8 hours per day during TCS' daytime hours, Monday through Friday. Your needs will help determine the frequency and duration of services. Companion services can provide support to complete a variety of tasks, like:
- light housekeeping and chores
- running errands, like going to the bank or grocery store
- preparing meals
- planning and taking part in social activities
- coordinating transportation to and from activities
- helping you communicate with those in your circle of support. This includes family, friends, and health care professionals.